It currently supports cameras with a maximum depth of 65 mm (measured from the center of gravity), a maximum height of 75 mm, and a maximum width of 120 mm. The maximum payload of the S1 is 700grams (1.5 lbs).
Learn more at https://gremsy.com/gremsy-s1-spec/
0. What kind of cameras does Gremsy S1 support?
Gremsy S1 Camera Compatibility List (non-comprehensive list):
Flir Duo Pro R, Flir Duo, Flir Vue, Flir Vue Pro, Flir Vue Pro R
Workswell Wiris Gen 2, Wiris Mini
Thermal Capture Fusion, Fusion Zoom
Micasense RED Edge, RED Edge M
Sony DSC-QX10, DSC-QX30
Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera
Sony A5xxx series, A6xxx series, RX100 (III - V)
Learn more at https://gremsy.com/gremsy-s1-spec/
0. Does Gremsy S1 support HDMI signal?
Yes, The S1 is integrated Micro HDMI inside.
0. Which trigger devices do you recommend?
We use Seagull UAV trigger for Sony camera. Some clients used Intelli G successfully.
0. Does Gremsy S1 supports trigger signal?
Yes, Gremsy S1 supports AUX ports to connect the camera to the trigger of the third party in clean setup.
0. Is it possible to install Gremsy S1 with Flir Duo Pro R?
Yes, Gremsy S1 is fully support for Flir Duo Pro R!
0. How to install Gremsy S1 with Flir Duo Pro R?
Gremsy S1 is fully supported for Flir Duo Pro R.
Learn more about the following wiring diagram:
Learn more about "How to control both Gremsy S1 and Flir Duo Pro R in one setup?"
0. Is it difficult to balance the gimbal and camera?
No. Changing the setup for different camera arrangements is quick and simple.
0. Which devices can I control the S1 gimbal?
You can control the S1 via Remote control or SBUS Joystick Module.
0. [Remote] Can I use third party remote control to control the Gremsy gimbals?
Yes, You can use the third party's remote control
0. [Remote] Can I use Gremsy S1 with Futaba controller?
Yes, you can. The Gremsy S1 has the same communication with Futaba as Gremsy H7. Learn more at
0. [Remote] Which remote control do you recommend to use with Gremsy S1?
Gremsy gimbals support SBUS, SPEKTRUM/JR, PPM. The following are some names for your reference: Futaba T14SG, Spektrum DX6i, Taranis, etc.
0. [Remote] Can I single control gimbal and drone system via Futaba remote?
Yes, you can.
0. [Remote] Does Gremsy S1 support the Graupner remote?
At present, we don't recommend to use the Graupner remote.
0. Does SYNC support Gremsy S1?
No, it does not.
0. [SBUS Joystick] How to install and control the S1 via Joystick?
Please learn more at SBUS Joystick Module FAQ https://gremsy.com/product-support/sbus-joytick-module/
0. [Handheld] Is it possible to control Gremsy S1 via analog joystick?
No, it is impossible. Gremsy S1 supports SBUS Joystick Module to control gimbal in handheld application.
App & Firmware
0. What application/software do Gremsy gimbals use?
Gremsy developed gTune app & software to configure gimbals.
0. Where can I download the app and software?
gTune application is ready to serve on Google Play and AppStore. You can find it with “gtune gremsy” keyword.
0. What are general good practices while using the gTune?
Before running gTune mobile app, make sure to connect with the gimbal’s Bluetooth. Otherwise, the app can’t connect to the gimbal properly.
Firmware upgrading procedure with gTune Desktop software: Before upgrading, please temporarily unplug the receiver (if available). Otherwise, you will be stuck on erasing step and can not get it completed. Of course, the software will remind you but it’s better to do it yourself first.
0. How can I save profiles?
In the Stiffness configuration activity/screen, a save icon can be found in the top right corner. Tap this icon and enter your profile name, then tap Save to finish. To load a profile, go to main activity, select Profile menu to view and load desired profile.
0. How do I update firmware?
Notes: Make sure you installed the Driver for USB before continuing below steps:
Download the latest Software version for MAC or Windows if it’s not installed yet.
Install USB Driver if it’s not installed yet.
Download the Firmware in Zip format.
Unzip to get the *.hex file.
Unplug Remote Receiver (SBUS, JR, …) if it was plugged togStabi system.
Connect gStabi controller to your Mac or PC by USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable.
Power on gStabi System using gPower Pack.
Run the software and select Upgrade.
Follow Steps on the screen.
Disconnect and connect again to reset the controller.
Go to CONFIG –> EXPERT –> set DEFAULT –>WRITE
If you do not use the gStabi H14 with GREMSY landing gear on a multicopter, then go to CONFIG –> FOLLOW PAN –> deselect AIRBORNE
– Download the latest Software version for MAC or Windows if not install yet. – Install USB Driver if not installed yet. – Download the Firmware in Zip format. – Unzip to get the *.hex file. – Unplug Remote Receiver (SBUS, JR, …) if it was plugged to gStabi system. – Connect gStabi controller to you Mac or PC by USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable.
2/ During upgrade:
– Power on gStabi System using gPower Pack. – Run the software and select Upgrade. – Follow Steps on the screen.
Gremsy S1 Firmware 5.6.3
03 - 01 - 2019
- Support for S1 used relative encoder. - Improve find home performance. - Lightbridge 2 control :
+ C1 button : on/off motor + C2 button : change mode in dual operator ( only apply on master remote)