0. (*) I heard Gremsy H7 is the new model replacing for Gremsy H6. So which is the main difference between with Gremsy H6 and Gremsy H7?
Definitely. The H7 is the upgrade version of the H6. It comes with more advanced design than H6 as below:
Higher maximum carrying capacity up to 7 lbs
Pan movement improvement in flying with heavy setup like RED, Alexa Mini thanks to pan motor torque increase up to 1.5x
Circular Quick Release - fast design connection, more safety when mounting gimbal under drone and taking care of your rigs with double safety solution.
Fast connection with third party controller - Now, you can plug cable with open port in the roll vertical, do not need to open the board anymore.
Ultra advantage when working with slip-ring which allows pan 360 degrees rotation without wire cable.
Ability to work with CanLink in correcting horizon drift
Ability to work with SYNC to control gimbal naturally by your hands and endless your creativity shot while alone gimbal can’t do.
0. (*) What is the main difference between Gremsy H3 and Gremsy H7?
The H3 and H7 have the same integrated electronics design like board, encoder, …
However, the H7 has wider camera cage and stronger motors which support longer lenses when using with small DSLRs than the H3.
0. Is the H7 use quick release the same as H3/H16?
Yes, it is.
0. Which quick release does Gremsy H7 use?
The Gremsy H7 uses the Circular Quick Release, the same quick release as H3/ H16 uses.
0. Is the Gremsy series waterproof?
No. The system battery, motors, and other electronic equipments are not waterproof.
0. How many operation modes does the H7 have and how do I switch between the modes?
Gremsy H7 supports 3 types of operation: Normal, Suitcase and Inverted Operation.
The default operation is normal.
Switching to Suitcase from Normal operation: Make sure the gimbal is in LOCK mode (you must switch to LOCK mode if it’s currently in FOLLOW mode), then hold the left / right side handle and transform to Suitcase operation. Now you can switch to Follow mode normally if you like. To come back to Normal operation, let's do the same thing, make sure the gimbal is in LOCK mode before transforming to the operation you want.
Switching to Inverted from Suitcase operation: This is the same procedure with the case above. You should remember to put the gimbal in LOCK mode before transforming between Suitcase and Inverted operation.
Switching to Inverted from Normal operation and vice versa: You don’t need to power OFF the gimbal, you just need to turn OFF the motors, then transform the gimbal to the desired operation and turn ON the motors again.
0. What’s included in the package of Gremsy H7?
The Gremsy H7 package includes:
1x Gremsy H7 gimbal
1x Circular Quick Release
1x Handle with stand
1x Wifi module
1x Mini USB cable
2x Connecting monitor
1x Slide Camera
1x Camera Rods
2x Camera Srews
2x gPower 4S/3400mAh battery
1x gPower 4S charger
1x Battery Voltage Checker
0. Is it difficult to balance gimbal and camera?
No, It is not. Please go to Here to learn more Gremsy H7 Tutorial Balancing.
0. How much weight of Gremsy H7 in handheld?
It weighs 1.98 kgs/ 4.37 lbs excluding batteries.
0. What kind of cameras does the H7 support?
It currently supports cameras with a maximum depth of 135 mm (measured from the center of gravity), a maximum height of 205 mm, and a maximum width of 180 mm. The maximum payload of H7 is 3.18 kgs (7 lbs).
Gremsy H7 Camera Compatibility List for your reference (non-comprehensive list):
RED Series: RED Epic, RED Scarlet, RED Weapon, RED Helium, RED Raven (*limited lenses)
ARRI Alexa Mini
Canon 1Dc, C300 (mk I - II) (*remove viewfinder + add counter weight if using light lenses.)
0. Which remote controller do you recommend to use with Gremsy gimbals?
Gremsy gimbals support SBUS, SPEKTRUM/JR, PPM. The following are some names for your reference: Futaba T14SG, Spektrum DX6i, Taranis, etc.
0. How to control Gremsy gimbals with Futaba radio controller?
Please refer to this tutorial: https://goo.gl/R6XrPz
0. Can I use Gremsy gimbals with LightBridge 2 to control the gimbal?
At the moment, Gremsy gimbals can be controlled via LightBridge 2 but it has some limitations in control channels. For instance, it doesn’t offer you the ability to control the Tilt and Pan speed via a remote channel, and you can’t ON/OFF the gimbal or switch between Lock/Follow with this setup. Therefore, we recommend to use a direct Tx-Rx to control our gimbals.
0. Can I use third party controller to control the Gremsy gimbals?
Notes: Make sure you installed the Driver for USB before continuing below steps:
Download the latest Software version for MAC or Windows if it’s not installed yet.
Install USB Driver if it’s not installed yet.
Download the Firmware in Zip format.
Unzip to get the *.hex file.
Unplug Remote Receiver (SBUS, JR, …) if it was plugged to gStabi system.
Connect gStabi controller to your Mac or PC by USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable.
Power on gStabi System using gPower Pack.
Run the software and select Upgrade.
Follow Steps on the screen.
Disconnect and connect again to reset the controller.
Go to CONFIG –> EXPERT –> set DEFAULT –>WRITE
If you do not use the gStabi H14 with GREMSY landing gear on a multicopter, then go to CONFIG –> FOLLOW PAN –> deselect AIRBORNE
0. Do I need to configure any parameter for the SYNC module?
Users do not need to configure any of the SYNC parameters. Before sending to customers, SYNC is ready to work without further adjustments. gTune only offers the function to activate SYNC for use.
0. How can I save profiles?
In the Stiffness configuration activity/screen, a save icon can be found in the top right corner. Tap this icon and enter your profile name, then tap Save to finish. To load a profile, go to main activity, select Profile menu to view and load desired profile.
0. Why is my Gimbal wifi connected to the phone but the app doesn’t connect to gimbal?
Before starting the gTune app, go to Setting -> Cellular -> Turn off Cellular Data. Cellular network signal can cause distortion to the wifi signal of the gimbal. Thus it should be turned off first to make sure the app connecting with the gimbal wifi properly.
0. How do I connect to my Wifi enabled Gremsy gimbals?
Make sure your gimbal is already powered ON, after that open your wifi setting in your device, find and connect to the gimbal’s wifi using password: gremsygstabi
0. What are general good practices while using the gTune?
Before running gTune mobile app, turn off your mobile internet and make sure to connect with the gimbal’s wifi. Otherwise, the app can’t connect to the gimbal properly.
Firmware upgrading procedure with gTune Desktop software: Before upgrading, please temporarily unplug the receiver (if available). Otherwise, you will be stuck on erasing step and can not get it completed. Of course, the software will remind you but it’s better to do it yourself first.
0. What application/software do Gremsy gimbals use?
gTune application is ready to serve on Google Play and AppStore. You can find it with “gtune gremsy” keyword.
0. What application/software do Gremsy gimbals use?
Gremsy developed gTune app & software to configure gimbals.
Battery & Charger
0. How to charge the H7 batteries?
Please learn more at Page 04 of the H7 Manual.
0. How long does it take to fully charge the battery of Gremsy H7?
It takes about 1 - 2 hours to fully charge the battery.
0. How long should the H7 batteries last?
Each battery can run up to 6 - 8 hours depending on the attached camera rig and gimbal usage.
0. How many batteries do the H7 include in the box?
There are 2 pieces of battery in every H7 package.
0. What are general good practices while using the Gremsy Li-ion batteries?
The following are some good practices for you:
Store the battery in cool places at room temperature (ideally between 10°C - 26°C).
Gremsy batteries do not have built-in over-discharge protection. They are recommended to use battery voltage checker to make sure the batteries staying above 3V per cell (it’s 4.2V per cell for full charged battery). Otherwise, battery’s cell will be dipped too low and your battery will be un-rechargeable.
Stop using or charging the battery immediately if the battery appears to be damaged.
Remove the battery from the gimbal in case you don’t use it for a long time.
Charging current: select 2A for 3400mAh battery and 3A (or 4A) for 6800mAh battery.
Charging procedure: You should plug in the balance cable first, and then connect with the JST cable.
Please refer this tutorials.
0. How do I add the battery to the H7?
The H7 has the same battery installation as the H16. Please click Here to refer to Gremsy H16 Install Battery tutorials.
– Download the latest Software version for MAC or Windows if not install yet. – Install USB Driver if not installed yet. – Download the Firmware in Zip format. – Unzip to get the *.hex file. – Unplug Remote Receiver (SBUS, JR, …) if it was plugged to gStabi system. – Connect gStabi controller to you Mac or PC by USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable.
2/ During upgrade:
– Power on gStabi System using gPower Pack. – Run the software and select Upgrade. – Follow Steps on the screen.