0. Is the H3 uses quick release the same as Gremsy H7/ Gremsy H16?
Yes, it is the same.
0. Which quick release does Gremsy H3 use?
The Gremsy H3 uses Circular Quick Release - the same quick release as H7 and H16.
0. Is the Gremsy series waterproof?
No. The system battery, motors, and other electronic equipments are not waterproof.
0. How many operation modes does the H3 have and how do I switch between the modes?
Gremsy H3 supports 3 types of operation: Normal, Suitcase and Inverted Operation.
The default operation is normal.
Switching to Suitcase from Normal operation: Make sure the gimbal is in LOCK mode (you must switch to LOCK mode if it’s currently in FOLLOW mode), then hold the left / right side handle and transform to Suitcase operation. Now you can switch to Follow mode normally if you like. To come back to Normal operation, let's do the same thing, make sure the gimbal is in LOCK mode before transforming to the operation you want.
Switching to Inverted from Suitcase operation: This is the same procedure with the case above. You should remember to put the gimbal in LOCK mode before transforming between Suitcase and Inverted operation.
Switching to Inverted from Normal operation and vice versa: You don’t need to power OFF the gimbal, you just need to turn OFF the motors, then transform the gimbal to the desired operation and turn ON the motors again.
The H3 has the same switching between operations like the H7. You can learn more at HERE.
0. What's included in the package of Gremsy H3?
The Gremsy H3 package includes:
1x Handle bar & Built-in Stand
1x Circular Quick Release (which is mounted under handle)
1x Mounting Monitor (which is mounted on handle)
1x gPower 3S - 3400mah
1x USB Cable
0. Is it difficult to balance the gimbal and camera?
No. Changing the setup for different camera arrangements is quick and simple.
0. How much weight of Gremsy H3 in handheld?
It weighs 2.9 lbs/ 1.32 kgs excluding batteries.
0. What kind of cameras does the H3 support?
It currently supports cameras with a maximum depth of 90 mm (measured from the center of gravity), a maximum height of 150 mm, and a maximum width of 162 mm. The maximum payload of H3 is 1.7 kgs (3.75 lbs).
Gremsy H3 Camera Compatibility List (non-comprehensive list):
BlackMagic Pocket, BlackMagic Micro Cinema Camera
Canon 5D Mk I, II
Nikon D810, D800, D500, D5
Sony A7S (mk I - II), A7r (mk I - II)
Sony A6000, A6300, A6500
Panasonic GH3, GH4, GH5
Especially for applying in inspection field, H3 is the most suitable gimbal for ultra small cameras such as WIRIS, HX400V, HX900.
0. How much weight can the H3 hold?
The maximum payload of the H3 is 1.7kg (3.75 lbs).
0. Which remote controller do you recommend to use with Gremsy gimbals?
Gremsy gimbals support SBUS, SPEKTRUM/JR, PPM. The following are some names for your reference: Futaba T14SG, Spektrum DX6i, Taranis, etc.
0. How to control Gremsy gimbals with Futaba radio controller?
The Gremsy H3 has the same communication with Futaba as Gremsy H7 - Click HERE to learn more.
0. Can I use Gremsy gimbals with LightBridge 2 to control the gimbal?
At the moment, Gremsy gimbals can be controlled via LightBridge 2 but it has some limitations in control channels. For instance, it doesn’t offer you the ability to control the Tilt and Pan speed via a remote channel, and you can’t ON/OFF the gimbal or switch between Lock/Follow with this setup. Therefore, we recommend to use a direct Tx-Rx to control our gimbals.
0. Can I use third party controller to control the Gremsy gimbals?
Yes, you can use the third party’s product.
App & Firmware
0. Where do I have the latest firmware?
The latest firmware is updated on our website at www.gremsy.com/support or please follow us at GitHub to keep updated and get previous versions if needed.
0. How do I update firmware?
Notes: Make sure you installed the Driver for USB before continuing below steps:
Download the latest Software version for MAC or Windows if it’s not installed yet.
Install USB Driver if it’s not installed yet.
Download the Firmware in Zip format.
Unzip to get the *.hex file.
Unplug Remote Receiver (SBUS, JR, …) if it was plugged to gStabi system.
Connect gStabi controller to your Mac or PC by USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable.
Power on gStabi System using gPower Pack.
Run the software and select Upgrade.
Follow Steps on the screen.
Disconnect and connect again to reset the controller.
Go to CONFIG –> EXPERT –> set DEFAULT –>WRITE
If you do not use the gStabi H14 with GREMSY landing gear on a multicopter, then go to CONFIG –> FOLLOW PAN –> deselect AIRBORNE
0. Do I need to configure any parameter for the SYNC module?
Users do not need to configure any of the SYNC parameters. Before sending to customers, SYNC is ready to work without further adjustments. gTune only offers the function to activate SYNC for use.
0. How can I save profiles?
In the Stiffness configuration activity/screen, a save icon can be found in the top right corner. Tap this icon and enter your profile name, then tap Save to finish. To load a profile, go to main activity, select Profile menu to view and load desired profile.
0. Why is my Gimbal wifi connected to the phone but the app doesn’t connect to gimbal?
Before starting the gTune app, go to Setting -> Cellular -> Turn off Cellular Data. Cellular network signal can cause distortion to the wifi signal of the gimbal. Thus it should be turned off first to make sure the app connecting with the gimbal wifi properly.
0. How do I connect to my Wifi enabled Gremsy gimbals?
Make sure your gimbal is already powered ON, after that open your wifi setting in your device, find and connect to the gimbal’s wifi using password: gremsygstabi
0. What are general good practices while using the gTune?
Before running gTune mobile app, turn off your mobile internet and make sure to connect with the gimbal’s wifi. Otherwise, the app can’t connect to the gimbal properly.
Firmware upgrading procedure with gTune Desktop software: Before upgrading, please temporarily unplug the receiver (if available). Otherwise, you will be stuck on erasing step and can not get it completed. Of course, the software will remind you but it’s better to do it yourself first.
0. Where can I download the app and software?
gTune application is ready to serve on Google Play and AppStore. You can find it with “gtune gremsy” keyword.
0. What application/software do Gremsy gimbals use?
Gremsy developed gTune app & software to configure gimbals.
Battery & Charger
0. How to charge the H3 batteries?
Please learn more at Page 04 of the H3 Manual.
Download the manual at https://www.gremsy.com/software-manuals
0. How long does it take to fully charge the battery of Gremsy H3?
It takes about 1 - 2 hours to fully charge the battery.
0. How long should the H3 batteries last?
Each battery can run up to 6 - 8 hours depending on the attached camera rig and gimbal usage.
0. How many batteries do the H3 include in the box?
There is one battery in each H3 package.
0. What are general good practices while using the Gremsy Li-ion batteries?
The following are some good practices for you:
Store the battery in cool places at room temperature (ideally between 10°C - 26°C).
Gremsy batteries do not have built-in over-discharge protection. They are recommended to use battery voltage checker to make sure the batteries staying above 3V per cell (it’s 4.2V per cell for full charged battery). Otherwise, battery’s cell will be dipped too low and your battery will be un-rechargeable.
Stop using or charging the battery immediately if the battery appears to be damaged
Remove the battery from the gimbal in case you don’t use it for a long time.
Charging current: select 2A for 3400mAh battery and 3A (or 4A) for 6800mAh battery.
Charging procedure: You should plug in the balance cable first, and then connect with the JST cable.
0. How do I add the battery to the H3?
Please click Here to refer to Gremsy H3 Install Battery tutorials.
The H3 uses the gPower 3S-3400mAh battery which helps to power the gimbal up to 6 - 8 hours depending on your desired setup.
0. Can the H3 work with CanLink?
0. Is it possible to use the third party battery to power the H3 in aerial?
Yes, it is possible. But you should use the original H3 battery to avoid the unexpected.
0. Is the Gremsy landing gear suitable for H3?
No, It is not.
0. Can I mount the H3 under M600?
Yes, You can assemble H3 under M600, thanks to Damping Plate Pro.
0. Can I mount the H3 under S1000/ S1000+?
Yes, You can. We refer the Adapter Plate S900 or Damping Plate Pro to mount H3 under S1000 or S1000+.
Work with Adapter Plate S900, you can learn more Here.
Work with Damping Plate Pro, you can assemble Damping mounting to dual 12mm carbon rods mounting system of S1000 frame.
0. Can I mount the H3 under S900?
Yes, You absolutely can mount the H3 under S900 by using Adapter Plate S900. Please click Here to learn more the tutorials.
0. Which dimension of H3 in aerial mode?
Here is the dimension of Gremsy H3 in aerial mode:
0. How much weight Gremsy H3 for Aerial mode?
H3 weighs 2.1 lbs/0.96 kgs in Aerial mode.
Advanced Technical Question
0. What should I do when Roll axis has a drift during the flight?
You should refer to CANLINK for this issue. If you already installed Canlink but it still drifts, let’s take a look at your gimbal’s IMU. Firstly, do Gyro calibration, then use the red button to turn ON the motors without remote controller (remote receiver disconnected). If the roll level is off in this case, you should do Accelerometer calibration again, make sure the Tilt and Roll axes are in perfect level during calibration. In general, this solution will solve your problem and you can come to do CANLINK setting again. Otherwise, please call us via our skype (gremsy.support) , we will work with you for advanced support.
– Download the latest Software version for MAC or Windows if not install yet. – Install USB Driver if not installed yet. – Download the Firmware in Zip format. – Unzip to get the *.hex file. – Unplug Remote Receiver (SBUS, JR, …) if it was plugged to gStabi system. – Connect gStabi controller to you Mac or PC by USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable.
2/ During upgrade:
– Power on gStabi System using gPower Pack. – Run the software and select Upgrade. – Follow Steps on the screen.